Main Forum
Page
of 7

Contest and Map Submission Details

62 replies
129 posts
+93 votes
Admins
Hey guys....so we're starting up a MONTHLY Custom Zombies mapping contest here at NGT and we wanted to fill you in on the details as follows.

Map Makers

We are looking for you to submit your NEW maps directly to us via private message to me HERE. Note that you should write up your submission as if you were submitting it on a Forum and include details of the map's features, screenshots, credits, and an appropriate download link. Once we've reviewed and/or played through your map (i.e., AFTER we have live streamed us playing the map), please then post the map publicly on our Forums: http://www.nextgentactics.com/dashboard/messages/compose/to/id-9224420

Please keep in mind it MUST be a NEW map, not a resubmission of an old map that has previously been released elsewhere. Also, your map MUST contain the following image, placed on a wall somewhere in the starting room within your map. Note that this image does NOT have to be to scale, it could be much smaller. Also, it's not necessary for this image to remain present on your map once you publicly release it...it simply acts as insurance that you have access to your map's source code: http://i.imgur.com/sI4rjzL.png

What's in it for you? Well, we want to give back to map makers and we are looking at guaranteeing a MINIMUM $200 Amazon Gift Card to the winner of this contest AS WELL AS a Custom, Limited Edition NGT T-shirt that we will ship directly to you! Please note we do not yet have a design complete for this custom t-shirt, we will have this at a later date. This t-shirt will NOT be for sale anywhere so the winners will have exclusive access to them.

When I describe a MINIMUM of a $200 Gift Card, I mean that is the minimum we are guaranteeing to the winning Map Maker for the month of March (we reserve the right to modify the reward for subsequent months). This amount will also be tied somewhat to the Donations we receive on our Live Stream. The higher the stream donations, the higher the reward!

Donators

We need your help! The more donations we receive, the more we can give back to the map makers! ALSO, as a reward to YOU, the highest donator each month will ALSO receive a Custom, Limited Edition NGT T-shirt! On top of that, we are asking that the winning map maker each month help us to reward the top donator that month by placing some form of shoutout when they produce their next map. While I am not making this an absolute requirement of this contest, mostly because I don't have control of future map production, I am asking that the map makers respect our request and help us further reward the people that are able to help make this contest happen: the donators!

How Does it Work?

Well, when you submit your map, we will play through it on our Live Stream and post the corresponding recorded videos to our NGTZombies YouTube Channel. Following the end of the month (likely a week or two into the next month to allow videos that were posted at the very end of the month to have a chance) we will review each submitted map including the video views and feedback we receive on YouTube and from our viewers and decide upon a winner. It's likely we would announce the previous month's winners approximately halfway through the following month.

Factors that would enhance the chances for a specific map to win the contest would be:
* How much fun we had playing the map.
* The total number of video views we received for the videos of the map on NGTZombies
* Viewer comments, ratings, etc.

Keep in mind that the maps don't necessarily have to be huge, or contain 100 Easter Eggs, etc. for it to be FUN. However, we want to promote advances in map making so the more advances that you make in your maps, the better shape you will be in for purposes of this ongoing contest. And although we certainly LOVE NGT-related Easter Eggs, these are not necessary either.

Rules and other things to keep in mind:
* Submitted maps must be play-tested enough to be considered full-release. We are not interested in reviewing beta maps.
* All maps must be submitted as above and contain the contest logo in the starting room. Do NOT put the contest logo image in the map until you've completed co-op beta testing so the other beta testers can't submit your map to this contest instead of you.
* If you are a team of map makers and scripters and you win the contest, YOU are responsible for prize distribution to the rest of your team. All prizes will be awarded to the person submitting the map.
* We might place limits on how often you can win the contest, but we place no restrictions on the number or frequency of maps you might submit as part of this contest.
* We reserve the right to NOT play a map for any reason. There is no guarantee we will play your submitted map. Usually, reasons will be because there are too many issues with it, or it's obvious it was simply thrown together haphazardly. Also, depending on the number of map submissions we receive, it might take some time to get to yours.
* If there are issues with the rewards, we reserve the right to replace a given reward with another of comparable value at our sole discretion.

Okay, I THINK that's it but I'll have some people review it to let me know if we're missing something. Good luck to everyone!

Spider
Posted Feb 28, 14 · OP · Last edited May 16, 14 by SpiderBite
+13  votes
 votes
15 posts
+13 votes
Untagged users
Me and pieman are definitely entering this!
2j193kw.png
Posted Mar 1, 14
+3  votes
 votes
7 posts
+2 votes
Untagged users
nice stuff, i copy pasted holtys mod tools tutorials, hopefully more people will understand how to do it. Also add a offtopic -.-'
Posted Mar 1, 14
+2  votes
 votes
38 posts
+56 votes
Admins
I wish all you douchebag map makers the best of luck. And I so happy that we can do something to give back to you guys for all the awesome nights with friends you have given me over the years.

Bring your best efforts I look forward to what you have for us
QK6R9fG.jpg

Although the mole can be eaten, the taste is said to be deeply unpleasant.
Posted Mar 1, 14
+6  votes
 votes
3 posts
+1 votes
Untagged users
This is a great concept. I will definitely submit my map when i'm finished with it.
And for all you mapmakers: keep up the good work
Posted Mar 1, 14
+1  votes
 votes
1 posts
+1 votes
Untagged users
I will try to finish the map as possible for submission.
Count me in!!!!
Good luck to all
Posted Mar 1, 14
+1  votes
 votes
62 posts
+63 votes
Banned users
Can I make a formal request to have my submission played on my birthday (May 13)? I wasn't sure what forms I had to fill out for this request so I figured I would check here.

In other news: Good luck other map makers that have an infinitely better chance at making a better map than I can. But I want to join in the fun anyway! :d
wGZAfQc.jpg
Posted Mar 1, 14
+2  votes
 votes
23 posts
+4 votes
Untagged users
Doubt ill have my map ready for this month but maybe i will submit it in April?
Posted Mar 1, 14
0  votes
129 posts
+93 votes
Admins
Doubt ill have my map ready for this month but maybe i will submit it in April?

Sure...the intent is to have this run monthly. Looking forward to your submission.
Posted Mar 1, 14 · OP
+2  votes
 votes
1 posts
0 votes
Untagged users
Hopefully, this will encourage retired map makers to get back on the horse as well.
Posted Mar 1, 14
0  votes
Page
of 7
Login or Register
Online users (0)
No users online.
NGT Twitter Feed
Shoutbox
bigkitty it has been confirmed that a cod will be sort of a clash of clans style game for mobile gaming. But I haven't seen anything about the call of duty heroes thing in quite a while so I don't know if they canceled it.
NGT Unhinged!!! Looks AMAZING!!!
Any live stream tonight GUYS?!
[link] well, 2 cods in one year, real or fake?
where!
You do not have access to shout
Top Posters
662 Posts
263 Posts
188 Posts
175 Posts
150 Posts
Top Likes
167 votes
121 votes
93 votes